Sweets & Treats Gallery

Friday, December 13, 2013

reason vs. purpose vs. meaning...

You know how people say, "Everything happens for a reason." And it's meant to ease your hurt/pain/fears/grief/sadness, and that's commendable that people want to help. But it leaves me thinking that it was on purpose... like losing something, or being hurt by someone was suppose to happen.  And that's not okay with me, because sometimes bad things happen to great people, no matter how nice they are or how often they do the right thing or take the high road. I try to always do the right thing. I try to leave people a little better than before they met me. I try to, at the very least, do no harm. And the world still sprouts hurt and pain and loss... So, rather, I try to find the meaning in everything that happens, because even in tragedies and sadness there are lessons and blessings. Maybe that's just my way of trying to make sense of life, but like that saying goes, "life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it."

Happy Friday!

Love,
Lindsay

Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Sweet Bean Some Love!

Free Blog Template by June Lily