Sweets & Treats Gallery

Thursday, June 05, 2008

pledging homemade...

Last Christmas I racked my brain to make handmade items. I took the handmade pledge, pledging to make handmade items, rather than picking something up at the mall.

Admittedly, I did cheat a little. It is MUCH harder than you think. But, if you can buy other peoples handmade items too, suddenly it's easier. I was limited by my own abilities... which resulted in the men receiving gift certificates for baked items.  Win, win.  I love to bake, they love to eat. Men are difficult to buy for anyway.

I think it’s infinitely more meaningful when someone has taken the time to make me something that they think I'll love. I also like the spend-time-together gift... like a certificate for a coffee date. I have so much stuff and I can buy myself what I need... I like the memory making moments.

Any who, you can take the
pledge too and start making or purchasing handmade goods too! Learn about why to buy hommade too!!!

Warmly,
Lindsay

Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Sweet Bean Some Love!

Free Blog Template by June Lily