Sweets & Treats Gallery

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

dude, am I famous yet...?

I've been the "bride" in a week long feature on a local news station for a "Weddings on the Cheap" series they're doing every day on their 8:00 a.m. live show.

So far, so good.

I was touched yesterday when I called my mom, who is out of town for work, and she said she heard from my Dad that the make-up shoot went great. 

WAIT! Did I hear that correctly? My dad watched it without any one reminding him, on his own at 8:00 a.m. on a Monday? I think I have the cutest father EVER! I immediately hung up with my mom and called my Dad. We spent 40 minutes talking about the shoot, the in and outs, the ups and downs... being a instant local celeb is mind blowing. Ha! Hardly!

My Dad's best friend, who lives 45 minutes away, randomly spotted me while channel flipping. I'm expecting questions about my rise to fame and autographs any minute! ;)

Today was hair! Hair!!! Apparently, I have great hair.  And yesterday the make-up girl said I was pretty and had nice skin... heck, in this fickle world, you gotta take your compliments where you can get um... so thanks! The lady who did my hair in the hair segment is sooo delightful. Her name in Hannah. By the end of the segment I got the 411 on her also half Vietnamese man. I'm crossing my fingers that Hannah will soon be engaged and able to take part in the stress of wedding planning, the ridiculous fighting over music and venues and the constant barrage of decisions! Oh... weddings are glorious... for everyone but the bride! 

I did decide on how I'd like my hair to be, thanks to Hannah. Hannah did a cute lil' do that will look perfectly romantic without making my round little face look rounder. Also, the amazing salon owner where Hannah works and where we shot today, so graciously gave the news reporter and myself a gift certificate for a free facial, a full sized hair product from her favorite line and lots of samples.

Tomorrow is picking the perfect party rentals. Should be fun! The reporter, who has worked tirelessly to make all of these great days possible, is the most bubbly, warmhearted, fun and perky person. You'd guess that most news people were either stiff, snobby and boring or complete ding bats. This little ball o' fire couldn't be further from both stereotypes. She is wonderful! She gives everyone a hug when she arrives and leaves with a bigger hug and a thank you. She's a doll!!!

So, that's all for now. Wish me luck with the week's remaining festivities!

Anxiously,
Lindsay

Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Sweet Bean Some Love!

Free Blog Template by June Lily